- Assistant Professor
- Renata and Alexander Weiss Sesquicentennial Faculty Fellow
- Innovation, Entrepreneurship & Technology
Yifei Mao is an assistant professor of finance at the Cornell University School of Hotel Administration (SHA). Her research interests are focused on issues in empirical corporate finance, particularly topics related to venture capital, entrepreneurship, and innovation. Her research has been published in the Journal of Financial Economics.
Mao was selected as a participant in the NBER Entrepreneurship Research Bootcamp during the summer of 2014. She has given presentations and held discussions at conferences such as the Western Finance Association (WFA) meetings, the American Finance Association (AFA) meetings, the SFS Calvacade Conference, and the NBER Summer Institute.
Mao received her BA in economics from School of Economics and Management in Tsinghua University, her master's degree in economics from the University of Pennsylvania, and her PhD in finance from Kelly School of Business in Indiana University.
- Cornaggia, Jess; Mao, Yifei; Tian, Xuan; Wolfe, Brian. "Does Banking Competition Affect Innovation?" Journal of Financial Economics, Ed. William Schwert. 115.1 (2015): 189-209
Awards and Honors
- Asia Institute for Political Economy Fellowship (2007) Fund of American Studies, Georgetown University and the University of Hong Kong
- University Fellowship (2007) Tsinghua University
- American Finance Association (AFA) Doctoral Student Travel Grant (2013) ASSA
- NBER Entrepreneurship Research Boot Camp Participant (2014) NBER
- Graduate Student Fellowship (2015) Finance Department, Indiana University
- HADM 2220 - Finance
- HADM 3235/HADM 6235 - Intermediate Corporate Finance
- HADM 6235/HADM 6235 - Intermediate Corporate Finance
- HADM 4990 - Special Studies Project I
- PhD Indiana University, 2015
- MA University of Pennsylvania, 2010
- BA Tsinghua University, China, 2008