Dave Pollin is the co-founder and president of the Buccini/Pollin Group (BPG), headquartered in Washington, D.C. He also serves as chairman of PM Hotel Group, the hotel-management affiliate of BPG. Pollin leads the firms’ hotel-acquisition, development, and capital-markets efforts.
BPG has acquired and developed over $5 billion of properties in every real estate asset class throughout the United States since its founding in 1993. It is the developer, owner, and operator of over 40 hotels, seven million square feet of office space, 15 major residential communities, numerous retail properties, and multiple sports/entertainment venues.
Among BPG’s affiliates, PM Hotel Group manages 50-plus hotels and over $500 million of managed revenue across the United States. BPGS Construction is based in Wilmington, Delaware, and has 100 associates focused on general contracting, tenant improvements, and owner-representation services. BPG 360 develops and manages office projects for BPG, while Reside BPG oversees BPG’s multi-family residential efforts.
The principals of BPG are also co-founders and owners of Major League Soccer’s Philadelphia Union, having developed and constructed Talen Energy Stadium, the team’s home field in Chester, Pennsylvania.
Pollin’s current affiliations include:
- School of Hotel Administration Dean’s Advisory Board
- Economic Club of Washington’s Nominating Committee (co-chair)
- Canopy by Hilton’s Owner Advisory Council
- The Holton Arms School in Bethesda, Maryland (trustee)
- Federal City Council of Washington, D.C. (trustee)
- Revere Bank’s Washington, D.C. Advisory Board
- Trust for the National Mall’s Ball for the Mall (co-chair)
In years past, Pollin served on:
- Cornell University Council
- Starwood Hotels and Resorts North American Owner’s Advisory Council
- Owner Advisory Council of Hilton’s Embassy Suites brand
- Monument Bank of Maryland (founding board member)
- Board of Starlight Children’s Foundation MidAtlantic (co-founder and president)
- Northeast U.S. Region of the Young Presidents Organization (regional chair)
Prior to co-founding the Buccini/Pollin Group and PM Hotel Group, Pollin was a consultant with Laventhol & Horwath and worked in operations with Westin and Sheraton.
Pollin graduated from the School of Hotel Administration.