SHA Announces New Faculty Members and Appointments
With the start of the 2013-14 academic year, the School of Hotel Administration welcomes new faculty members in finance, marketing, and more. In addition, several current SHA faculty members have been appointed to leadership positions within the school. All appointments were effective July 1.
• Matt Clayton, untenured associate professor of finance
• Kathy LaTour, untenured associate professor of services marketing
• Brad Wellstead, lecturer in facilities management
• AJ Burns, lecturer in information systems/information technology
• Cheryl Stanley, lecturer, food and beverage management
• Andrew Quagliata, lecturer, management communication
• Daniel Lebret, lecturer, real estate
• Mona Olsen, visiting assistant professor, management and organizational behavior
• Ravinder Kingra, visiting lecturer, food and beverage management
• Michael Sturman, the Kenneth and Marjorie Blanchard Professor of Human Resources, has been named associate dean for faculty development, a new position at the school.
• Dave Sherwyn, professor of law and the John & Melissa Ceriale Professor of Hospitality Human Resources, has been named academic director of the new Cornell Institute for Hospitality Labor and Employment Relations.
• Michael S. LaTour, editor of the Cornell Hospitality Quarterly.
• Steve Carvell, associate dean for academic affairs, will be the academic director of the Leland C. and Mary M. Pillsbury Institute for Hospitality Entrepreneurship. He will share these responsibilities with a recently appointed visiting faculty member, Mona Olsen.