Student education is a chief goal of the Cornell Center for Innovative Hospitality Labor and Employment Relations (CIHLER). In addition to a strong set of classroom courses, CIHLER offers students direct, firsthand exposure to the industry’s key labor and employment issues. These student experiences include:
- Sponsoring students to attend the leading industry employment conference, HR in Hospitality
- Observing an actual arbitration process in New York City
- Inviting students to sit in on industry roundtables and meet the participants at roundtable receptions
- Hosting a combined student and industry roundtable for senior-level students
- Employment Relations, Human Resources, and Law Courses
HR in Hospitality
The National HR in Hospitality Conference is the industry’s premier HR conference, bringing together the legal and practical aspects of human resources within the hospitality industry.
Join Us in 2023!
We are pleased to announce that the National HR in Hospitality Conference will be taking place on
May 1-3, 2023 at the Sheraton Phoenix Downtown.
Observing an actual arbitration process in New York City
Sponsored by the Cornell Center for Innovative Hospitality Labor and Employment Relations the Internship Program provides students opportunities to gain practical experience in human resources, labor & employment relations.
The program is designed for students in the Cornell Peter and Stephanie Nolan School of Hotel Administration who have a strong interest in human resources, law, and labor & employment relations.
If you are a current student or a participating company, use the drop-downs below to learn more and get started!