Selected Current Projects
Hospitality Ideas Community
In collaboration with the Center for Hospitality Research, Medallia has created “The Hospitality Ideas Community” – an online space that promotes cross-functional collaboration among hospitality professionals. In this first round, launched in March 2021, industry professionals and acdemics from all over the world have joined to generate ideas on the following topics:
- What organizations can do to create a hospitable contactless environment for guests
- How the travel booking and planning process is being reimagined for today’s traveler
- What your organization is doing to support employees and staff during this time
Top ideas will be shared at the conclusion of the project.
In collaboration with FreedomPay, CHR is assisting with recruiting C-Suites and other senior decision-makers in the hospitality industry to provide anonymous and aggregated feedback on the implementation of new technology that supports the collection of customer-derived data collection.
COVID-19 Working Groups
Two working groups of CHR advisory board members and industry experts are collaborating to produce COVID-19 thought leadership in the form of research reports focusing on short-term insights and long-term recovery scenarios for the hospitality industry.
Industry Pulse Surveys
CHR is creating surveys to take the pulse of the hospitality industry and to gain and share insight on future travel preferences and the kinds of data industry leaders are using to inform their decision-making.
Hotel of Tomorrow Initiative
Created by The Gettys Group, the Hotel of Tomorrow Initiative brings together a group of industry leaders, including CHR, to ideate the innovations in design, operations, and logistical solutions that will be required to effectively retrofit hotels for the post-coronavirus environment and beyond. CHR will help lead the initiative and facilitate cross-departmental faculty collaboration.
COVID-19 eCornell Keynote Webinars
CHR, in collaboration with the other Centers and Institutes, has been collaborating with the School of Hotel Administration and eCornell to produce a series of COVID-focused webinars, featuring faculty and advisory board members discussing the hospitality industry’s most pressing topics. Total views for the live webinars has ranged from 1,989 to 11,686. Click here to see upcoming events, or click here to see recordings of past events. Topics include:
- Employment laws, human resources, and labor-relations
- Restaurant impacts, operations, and strategies
- Hotel performance outlook, insights, and road to recovery
- Commercial real estate and finance, borrowers and lenders perspectives, and hotel loan restructuring
COVID-19 Resource Webpage
CHR, in collaboration with the other Centers and Institutes, is maintaining the School of Hotel Administration’s COVID-19 industry resource hub. Created to share thought leadership and relevant research to help our industry friends navigate the impacts of the pandemic. The hub is updated daily with:
- The School of Hotel Administration’s hospitality-focused COVID-19 webinar series
- Relevant partner webinars and resources
- Hotel performance outlooks and metrics
- Faculty experts in the media
- And much more