- Food and Beverage Management
Ravinder Kingra is a lecturer in food and beverage management at the School of Hotel Administration (SHA). Before joining Cornell's faculty, Kingra most recently worked in Maine in special events, catering, and restaurant marketing and branding. He brings over 25 years of food-service operations experience to the school. Having worked in corporate- and independently owned full- and quick-service operations, Kingra has a diverse background from which to draw inspiration for his teaching.
He is a member of SHA's Academic Integrity Hearing Board (AIHB) and also serves as the faculty advisor to the school's Epicurean Society. He co-authored a Cornell Hospitality Quarterly article that examined preopening training in hotels and restaurants. He has consulted with Gimme! Coffee, Dinosaur BBQ, and various independent restaurants in New England. In fall 2014, he was asked to deliver a presentation on technology and marketing in restaurants at the Costa Rican National Restaurant Congress in San Jose, Costa Rica.
- HADM 4340 - Catering and Special Events Management
- HADM 2170 - Hotel Leadership Development Program
- HADM 1361 - Principles of Food and Beverage Operations Management
- HADM 3350 - Restaurant Management
- MMH School of Hotel Administration, Cornell University, 2012
- BA Tufts University, 1996