Degree Requirements for Students that Matriculated Prior to Fall 2022
Bachelor’s degree candidates at the Cornell Peter and Stephanie Nolan School of Hotel Administration study all aspects of hospitality management, gaining the necessary knowledge and cultivating the skills for leadership in the world’s largest global industry.
To graduate with the BS in hotel administration, students will complete the following requirements:
- Hotel Administration (HADM) Core Courses
- Hotel Administration (HADM) Electives
- First-Year Writing Seminar
- Free Electives
- Non-HADM Electives
- Physical Education
- Practice Credit
Students must also:
- Complete eight terms in residence, or the requirement designated for transfer students. To satisfy a term of resident study, a student must be enrolled in a minimum of 12 credit hours. Under certain circumstances, a student may petition for early graduation.
- Earn a minimum of 120 credits, exclusive of physical education credits.
- Attain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 in the prescribed course curriculum.
- Earn a minimum GPA of 2.0 in a full-time schedule of courses, in residence, in the final semester. Note: students must be on campus during the last semester. Exceptions for extraordinary circumstances may be petitioned, if all other graduation requirements—including Practice Credit, physical education, and language—have been met, and the student has a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
- Receive a final grade in any course for which an “Incomplete” was issued.