HADM 3350: Restaurant Management
Fall, Spring. 3 credits. Letter grades only.
Prerequisite: HADM 2360 and TIPS and ServSafe Manager certified. Because of group work for this course, students MAY NOT drop the course after their lab date during the first full week of the semester.
Limited to Hotel Students
Faculty teaching this course:
- Michael Kingra - Fall 2018
- Douglass Miller - Fall 2018
- Heather Kolakowski - Fall 2018
- Christopher Gaulke - Fall 2018
- Heather Kolakowski - Spring 2019
- Douglass Miller - Spring 2019
Students synthesize foodservice concepts, business principles, and hospitality-management theories and apply them practically in an actual restaurant setting. The course covers issues and principles relevant to the restaurant industry, including market analysis, menu and service systems, and restaurant metrics. Students manage a restaurant open to the public and evaluate the process and outcomes.