Concentrations and Minors

Students may choose from the options below:


Concentration Areas

To declare a concentration and have it appear on the final transcript, the student must submit an Election of Concentration Form to the Office of Student Services. All courses must be taken for a letter grade (unless offered only with an S-U option), and students must achieve a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA within the concentration courses.

The deadline for declaring a concentration is the last day of the student's penultimate semester.

Only one officially declared concentration may appear on the final transcript.

To declare a minor, students must go to the registrar and ask about their processes and policies. It is the student's responsibility to follow up with the appropriate college registrar to verify completion, after which the college registrar (if not SHA) will notify the SHA registrar. Minors are noted on transcripts, not diplomas.