Each MS candidate will:
- Complete a minimum of 16 courses that the student’s special committee has decided are appropriate, including methods, theory, and application.
- Be in residence at Cornell for a minimum of four semesters.
- Prepare a master’s thesis, according to the guidelines set forth by the Cornell Graduate School.
- Pass the final examination for the master’s degree, an oral exam given by the student’s special committee, covering the student’s master’s thesis.
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0
For further information about degree requirements, please refer to the Master of Science(MS) page in the Student Handbook.