As doctoral scholars within the School of Hotel Administration, you are developing the skills necessary to create and disseminate new knowledge in the management sciences and the hospitality industry.
You will be working toward obtaining professorial positions in top business and hospitality schools or research and consulting positions with premier hospitality firms, while producing publishable research in your discipline's top journals.
The PhD degree requirements leave room for tremendous freedom and flexibility. While all students must abide by the Graduate School's rules and requirements, you, along with your special committee, will decide the nature and course of your degree program, including all coursework and research.
The special committee is made up of three members of the graduate faculty. Once you have determined your academic focus, you will ask specific faculty members to join your committee and, with their agreement, fill out the Special Committee Selection and Change (A1) form for the Graduate School. These faculty members will guide you through the degree program, and assist you with industry connections and advice.
Resources for PhD Students
- Graduate School Forms
- Code of Legislation of the Graduate Faculty
- Center for Teaching Excellence
- Information for Teaching Assistants
- Teaching Materials
- International Teaching Assistant Development Program
- International Students and Scholars Office (ISSO)
- Orientation Schedule
- Cornell Career Services
- Cornell Interfolio Credentials Service
- Graduate School Thesis Advisor
- eCommons—Digital Publishing of your Dissertation
- Health Leaves of Absence
- Gannett Health Services
- Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS)
- Student Health Insurance Program (SHIP)