To earn a Bachelor of Science you must:
- Complete eight terms of residence, or the requirement designated for transfer students. To satisfy a term of resident study, a student must be enrolled in a minimum of 12 credits hours, not including Phys Ed credit. Under such circumstances, a student may petition for early graduation. (Students who wish to stay beyond eight semesters or students who wish to graduate early must petition to do so.)
- Earn a minimum of 120 credits, exclusive of Phys Ed credit.
- Complete the prescribed course curriculum and attain a cumulative GPA of at least 2.0.
- Students must be in residence (on campus) during the last semester. Exceptions for extraordinary reasons may be petitioned if all other graduation requirements, such as Practice Credit, physical education, etc., have been met and the student has a cumulative GPA of 3.0 in the penultimate semester.
- Receive a final grade in any courses in which a grade of “incomplete” was issued.
- Complete the one language other than English requirement. Note: typically met through the Admissions process.
- Complete two units of Practice Credit.
- Complete the physical education requirement, including a swim test, usually during your first year of residence.
Note: Students who have met all graduation requirements and, therefore, can graduate are expected to do so. Financial aid, with the exception of assistance for students enrolled under the Higher Education Opportunity Act, is awarded for a maximum of eight semesters.