Independent Study Projects

Forms for undergraduate independent study projects (which may be conducted only with resident faculty members) are available in the Office of Student Services, 180 Statler Hall, or online at These must be turned in at course enrollment time, and they will not be accepted without an outline and faculty sponsor’s signature. The usual Add/Drop deadlines apply to independent study projects.

Note: Up to 6 credit hours of Independent study projects may count toward SHA electives by petition otherwise they only count for Free Electives.