Marriott Student Learning Center
Hospitality is about experiences and relationships—creating an environment of excitement, inspiration, comfort, solitude, or rejuvenation. This is what the Marriott Student Learning Center (MSLC) provides for the future hospitality leaders at SHA.
Need to get away and find a place for studying or contemplation? A quick coffee or cappuccino to fuel up for an exam? A bright and upbeat place to socialize with fellow students? A supportive environment where experienced staff are always available to help you with your research project? You can find it here at the MSLC.
The culture of the center is uniquely “Hotelie.” Unlike at other libraries, silence is not golden here. It’s an open and welcoming place where communication and collaboration are encouraged and where studying and socializing peacefully—and often dynamically—coexist. With its casual vibe and state-of-the-art technology, many students view the MSLC as their second home—a place where they can stop by to meet friends, print a document, work on a group project, or prep for an exam.
Opened in August 2012 and funded by a lead gift from the J. Willard and Alice S. Marriott Foundation, the MSLC includes the Nestlé Library, Tsai Family Atrium, Club Room, and the George B. Mallory ’54 Student Lounge.
The Nestlé Library is a bright and energetic space offering comfortable study areas for both collaborative and independent study. Students can check out equipment, reserve study spaces to work on group projects, or access computer workstations and quick-print stations. Experienced research librarians are available to assist students with research needs, including access to specialized industry databases such as Bloomberg and CoStar. To find a full list of research resources, visit our Research Databases page.
Tsai Family Atrium
With a contemporary, open, and airy feel, the Tsai Family Atrium—the two-story main entrance to Statler Hall from East Avenue—often plays host to student activities and company showcases. The space, which can accommodate up to 100 people, may be reserved for receptions when classes are not in session.
This spacious modern conference room can be booked by student clubs for recurring meetings with up to 16 people.
George B. Mallory ’54 Student Lounge
The George B. Mallory ’54 Student Lounge is a quiet, comfortable space where students can study, socialize, or unwind between classes. Decked out with comfy seating, the ambiance is decidedly relaxed. The lounge offers quick print stations and student mailboxes, as well as amenities like vending machines.
- Cell-phone and MacBook chargers
- Mac video adaptors
- Conference phone
- Whiteboard markers
- Monday – Thursday: 8:00 a.m. – 11:30 p.m.
- Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- Saturday: 12:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- Sunday: 12:00 p.m. – 11:30 p.m.
- Holidays: Closed
Summer and Winter Break
- Monday – Thursday: 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays: closed
Research Services Hours
- Monday – Friday: 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Appointments recommended. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lending and Reservation Policies
- To borrow a book or equipment or to reserve a group study room, you must have a valid Cornell ID card. All Cornell University students, faculty, and staff with a valid ID card, can borrow reserve books and lending equipment.
- Only students registered in SHA courses (excluding wines) may reserve one of our group study and/or interview rooms. Rooms may be reserved at our service desk for two hours. Books and equipment are on a two-hour loan period and cannot be renewed.