Statler Hall’s contemporary and welcoming spaces were developed primarily to support the educational mission of the Cornell Peter and Stephanie Nolan School of Hotel Administration. Our classrooms, Nestlé Library, Binenkorb Computer Center, and student gathering spaces enhance the student experience and create an environment that facilitates creativity, collaborative learning, and synergy with industry partners.
As one of the world’s foremost hospitality schools, we also believe in sharing the joy of service. While our state-of-the-art facilities are, first and foremost, for the benefit of the Cornell Nolan School community, they are also available for use by our Cornell University partners, including Cornell colleges, schools and departments; student organizations; and other affiliated groups. Our space use policies were developed to ensure that we can effectively serve our students and industry partners, while also sharing the Nolan School’s hospitality with the entire Cornell community.
We look forward to welcoming you to Statler Hall. Before reserving a space, please review our general policies and guidelines:
Availability and reservations
- Classrooms, meeting rooms, and public spaces are available from 8:00 a.m. until 11:00 p.m. Most classrooms are booked during the academic year, Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Some classrooms, meeting rooms, and public spaces have use restrictions. Please see individual space reservations pages for details.
- Use of spaces should not disturb or otherwise inhibit the Nolan School’s educational activities; regularly scheduled classes and exams will take precedence over other requests for use of space.
- Rooms and public spaces require advance reservation and should be booked by a member of the Cornell community. Reservations for most spaces must be made at least two weeks in advance.
- The Nolan School reserves the right to refuse requests for use of space in Statler Hall that it believes are not in keeping with the mission and goals of the school.
Guidelines for use of space
- Organizations using space will be expected to ensure proper care of the facilities and to designate a Cornell-affiliated individual to serve as a responsible person during events to ensure all guests behave in a professional manner.
- Occupancy limits must be adhered to due to fire code and safety regulations. Maximum occupancies are posted in all rooms.
- Furniture may not be moved in any of the meeting rooms or classrooms.
- Non-academic, external organizations will be asked to compensate the Nolan School for direct costs associated with the use of the space through reasonable, established fees. These costs include administration and staffing, room set-up and break down, AV equipment set-up and operation, and custodial costs.
Catering, food, and beverage
Absolutely no food is permitted in Staler Hall classrooms, Nestlé Library, Binenkorb Computer Center or Beck Center meeting rooms. Beverages in a covered container are allowed.
Statler Hotel Catered food is available in the following spaces:
- Park Atrium: Statler Hotel Catering (is the approved caterer for the Cornell Peter and Stephanie Nolan School of Hotel Administration event space): The Statler Hotel can provide a wide range of catering options for your event. In addition to banquet menu offerings, they also have ala carte options to suit your event needs. Please contact Statler Sales at 607-254-2678 for more details.
- Tsai Atrium: There are two Catering options available below:
- Statler Hotel Catering can provide a wide range of catering options for your event. In addition to banquet menu offerings, they also have ala carte options to suit your event needs. Please contact Statler Sales at 607-254-2678 for more details.
- Take-out from Mac’s Statler Express: Statler Express specializes in a variety of take-out food such as pizza’s, cookies, and much more.