May Commencement Events
To be completed by SHA graduation candidates:
- To confirm your participation in the May Commencement festivities, each School of Hotel Administration (SHA) student must complete the appropriate application below:
- Order Cap and Gown Rental: wearing the cap, gown, and tassel is both traditional and required for participation in the procession and both university and SHA ceremonies. Must be ordered by April 15 to avoid an additional charge.
For details and instructions regarding university and SHA events, including a full weekend schedule; information about accommodations, dining, and parking; special instructions for the mobility-impaired; and announcement cards, please review the University Commencement website.
Weekend Event Schedules
Senior Class Convocation - Saturday, May 25
Schoellkopf Stadium (gates open 10:00 a.m.)
12:00 - 1:00 p.m.
The senior class president, Cornell University president, and an invited guest speaker will address graduating students and their guests at Senior Class Convocation, the day before graduation. The Class of 2019 will also present its class gift to the university.
University and SHA Events: Sunday, May 26
The 151st Commencement Ceremony will be held in Schoellkopf Stadium. Students should make arrangements ahead of time to meet family and guests after the individual college ceremonies following the university’s Commencement Ceremony in Schoellkopf.
University Commencement Ceremony (all colleges)
- 8:00 a.m.: Gates open at Schoellkopf Stadium
- 9:15 a.m.: Students go to Arts Quad
- 9:30 a.m.: Families should be in stadium seats
- 9:40 a.m.: Procession from Arts Quad to stadium begins
- 9:40 a.m.: Announcements begin at stadium
- 10:00 a.m.: Procession arrives at stadium
- 11:00 a.m.: Procession and seating of candidates are complete
- 11:00 a.m.: Commencement Ceremony begins
- Noon: Commencement Ceremony ends
- Noon: Graduates and families go to college events
SHA Ceremony and Reception
SHA is pleased to invite hotel administration and Baker Program in Real Estate degree candidates and their families to a special ceremony in Barton Hall following the university's Commencement ceremony. At this ceremony, each student will be individually recognized and photographed with Kate Walsh, dean and E. M. Statler Professor. A reception with light refreshments will immediately follow the ceremony.
12:15 p.m., immediately following the university ceremony (Please wait to meet your family until after the ceremony!):
- Parents to be seated
- Students to line up for the procession
- 12:30 p.m.: SHA Ceremony - Reception to follow immediately following the ceremony.
Please Note: In the event of severe weather, schedules are subject to change: please visit the university Commencement website for current information.