Resources and Events
Hotel Ezra Cornell
A weekend of conferences and seminars with industry executives hosted entirely by Hotel School students. In the event better known as HEC, students take over and run full-service hotel operations at the Statler Hotel, including dining, banquets, receptions, and other entertainment, along with seminars and educational activities for alumni and other prominent executives in the hospitality industry. MMH students often lend a hand or host a function that showcases their talents.
The Executive in Residence Program
This program brings senior executives to the school for an academic year of student advising. This is a unique opportunity to interact with and learn from highly successful hospitality leaders who bring to campus a wealth of proven management strategies.
Recent executives in residence include:
- John H. Longstreet ’77, executive vice president of people strategy for ClubCorp, USA
- Joseph Lavin ’75, president, Harbor Stone Hospitality, and former senior executive at Marriott
- Ted Teng ’79, retired president and chief operating officer, Wyndham International
- John C. H. Young, director, Calsin Alliances
- Ed Mace ’73, former chief executive officer, Fairmont and Vail Resorts; Deborah Mace ’75, former director of design, Exclusive Resorts
HX: The Hotel Experience
At this significant event hosted in New York City in November, students represent the school and interact with alumni and executives from all areas of the hospitality industry.
Cornell’s Nestlé Library
The Nestlé Library houses books, videos, and journals, and provides access to databases related to management and leadership in the hospitality industry.
Center for Hospitality Research (CHR)
The CHR develops and disseminates new information about the industry, helping the School of Hotel Administration maintain its leadership role in shaping the global knowledge base for hospitality management. The CHR often facilitates research opportunities for interested MMH students.
The Beck Center
This 35,000 square-foot state-of-the-art learning space expands our classrooms, teaching, and computer facilities.
The Binenkorb Computer Center
This teaching/learning laboratory has 130 student workstations, with more than fifty software packages to facilitate everything from financial analysis to design.
The Statler Hotel
The 153-room teaching hotel, connected to the School of Hotel Administration, offers employment and learning opportunities for students. After a successful 30-year career with Hyatt, Richard Adie ’75, general manager of the Statler Hotel, returned to the school to dedicate himself to preparing students for a career in the industry.
Centers and Institutes
The Hotel School has five centers and institutes designed to promote industry growth and enrich the education curriculum by providing opportunities for students to put their learning into practice and to work directly with corporate members.
- Center for Hospitality Research »
- Center for Real Estate and Finance »
- Leland C. and Mary M. Pillsbury Institute for Hospitality Entrepreneurship »
- Cornell Center for Innovative Hospitality Labor and Employment Relations »
- Cornell Institute for Healthy Futures »