Kyoto MBA and MMH
Collaborative Degree Opportunity to earn both your MMH and an MBA from Kyoto University Graduate School of Management
Together with the Kyoto University Graduate School of Management we can offer a collaborative degree opportunity, giving students the ability to earn a Master of Business Administration (MBA) from Kyoto University and a Master of Management in Hospitality (MMH) from Cornell in four semesters over two years.
This unique collaboration offers students the opportunity to:
- earn two degrees in two years (four semesters),
- utilize the career management resources of both schools,
- become a member of two great alumni networks,
- and study at two leading universities in two great cities: Kyoto and Ithaca.
Participating students pursue the following schedule:
- Semester I: Kyoto University (April-July)
MBA core courses including Corporate Finance, Managerial Accounting, Marketing, Leadership, and Strategy.
- Semesters II & III: Cornell University (August-December and January-May)
MMH core and elective courses in both semesters.
- Cornell MMH Graduation: May
With credits transferred from successfully completed classes at Kyoto in Semester I, students fulfilling MMH degree requirements earn their MMH degree and may participate in Cornell’s May graduation.
- Internship Opportunity: June-September
- Semester IV: Kyoto University (October-January)
MBA specialized, business practice, and advanced courses.
- Kyoto MBA Graduation: March
With credits transferred from successfully completed courses at Cornell in Semesters II & III, students fulfilling MBA degree requirements earn the MBA from Kyoto University Graduate School of Management.
Students interested in this collaborative degree opportunity must apply separately and be accepted into both the Kyoto Graduate School of Management MBA program and into the Cornell University School of Hotel Administration MMH program.
Given the April program start date, applicants who wish to participate in the collaborative degree opportunity must apply to the MMH in the first round of the MMH admission cycle, by December 1. There is a question on the MMH application to indicate your interest in the collaborative degree opportunity.
For information on admission requirements and deadlines for the MBA at Kyoto University Graduate School of Management, visit their website here.
You are welcome to direct your questions on the collaborative degree opportunity to email@example.com.