A Part-Time, Bilingual Program for Working Professionals in China

The Cornell-Peking MMH/MBA is a dual-degree program offered by the Cornell Peter and Stephanie Nolan School of Hotel Administration at Cornell University and the Guanghua School of Management (GSM) at Peking University. The mission of the program is to educate the next generation of leaders in the hospitality/service industry in China with global perspectives and capabilities.

What Makes the Cornell-Peking MMH/MBA Program Different?

Its bilingual approach, class composition, and unique market presence—the Nolan School and GSM split the teaching with participants spending 70% of their time on the Guanghua School’s campus in Shanghai and 30% in Ithaca and New York City during U.S. residential sessions.

After two years of part-time study, graduates of the Cornell-Peking MMH/MBA program receive an MBA from the Guanghua School of Management at Peking University and a master of management in hospitality (MMH) degree from Cornell’s Peter and Stephanie Nolan School of Hotel Administration. This program, with teaching based in Shanghai, accommodates the demanding lifestyles of executive professionals residing in China, allowing the balance of life, work, and study.

Cornell-Peking MMH/MBA at a glance

graduation capDegrees Awarded

MMH from Cornell & MBA from PKU

map pointer


Shanghai, China & Ithaca, New York


Program Format

Weekend classes & residential sessions

calendar Schedule

2 years,
September start


Cornell SC Johnson, Peking University announce MMH/MBA program

Cornell SC Johnson College of Business’s School of Hotel Administration (SHA) and Peking University’s Guanghua School of Management are pleased to announce the launch of an international dual-degree graduate program.

Read Announcement

Statler Hall

Hospitality Management and MBA Core Curriculum

The Cornell-Peking MMH/MBA curriculum, which combines theory and practice, will be taught jointly by faculty at the two schools. Faculty at the Guanghua School teach MBA core courses; Nolan School faculty provide the specialized hospitality management core—in areas such as real estate, service operations, analytics, and human resource management.

students in a classroom

Unique Learning Experience

The program is divided into classroom sessions and U.S. Residential Sessions. 70% of coursework is completed in China—the majority of classroom sessions take place every other weekend. The remaining 30% of the program consists of U.S. Residential Sessions on Cornell’s campuses in Ithaca, NY, and New York City. While in Ithaca, you’ll have the opportunity to do experiential learning in hospitality and hear from guest speakers who are leaders in the hospitality arena.


World-Class Faculty from SHA and PKU

The program brings together faculty from Cornell and Peking universities. You’ll learn the subject matter in both English and Mandarin from some of academia’s most respected professors. Hospitality industry leaders are also invited to speak on current topics, providing valuable real-world insights.

Cornell campus

Cornell-Peking MMH/MBA Application Process

To learn more information about the application process, applicant background and conditions, and tuition, please visit the Cornell-Peking MMH/MBA page.

Are you Ready to Take the Next Step in Your Career?

The Cornell-Peking MMH/MBA program strives to educate the next generation of hospitality leaders in China. Find out if it’s the right program to help you accelerate your career in business hospitality. To learn more about the program, see recent news and events, and submit your application visit the Cornell-Peking MMH/MBA website. For questions, email mbaadmi@gsm.pku.edu.cn.