Robert D Kline
The 8th Annual Cornell International Real Estate Case Competition took place in New York City this past Tuesday. With 20 teams competing this year the stakes were high. Congratulations to The Chinese University of Hong Kong for taking home first place in the competition. We are proud of all of the competing teams for their hard work and dedication including the Cornell team of Grant Behnke '17, Giovanna Cavagnaro '17, Teddy DeVico '17, DJ Fan '17, Jack Henry Kapp '17, Jessica Zhang '17. The time and effort that all students put into preparing for this competition was very apparent in the thoroughness of their analysis and the impressive presentations.
University of Wisconsin at Madison and University of Sydney tied for second place, University of Queensland took fourth place and Brandeis University, fifth place.
- Amy Applebaum, CALS '86 - Executive Director, JP Morgan
- Marty Burger, P '17 - Chief Executive Officer, Silverstein Properties, Inc.
- Merrie Frankel - Managing Partner, Andover Associates
- Max Friedman - Director, Goulston & Storrs
- Jonathan Geanakos - President, Americas, JLL Capital Markets
- Jeff Horwitz, CHE '86 - Partner, Head of Lodging and Gaming Group and Private Equity Real Estate, Proskauer
- Bruce Kimmelman '91 - Executive Vice President of Capital Markets and Acquisitions, Macklowe Properties
- Michael Lehrman, P '18 - Founder and Co-Chief Executive Officer, Cantor Fitzgerald
- Fabiana Lotito - Director, Global Real Estate Strategy and Research, TIAA
- Jay Mantz - President, Rialto Capital
- Allyson Martin - Strategic Real Estate Advisor, HUB International Northeast Limited
- Joanna Mulford - Managing Director & PRISA Portfolio Manager/Chief Financial Officer, PGIM Real Estate
- Mike Nash - Senior Managing Director, Blackstone
- Anthony Orso - Chief Executive Officer and Co-Founder, Cantor Fitzgerald
- Peter Peterson '93 - Vice President, Related Urban
- Alex Popov '98 - Managing Director, HPS Investment Partners
- Ralph Rose, MBA '84 - Managing Director, Global Chief Operating Officer of Real Estate, Citigroup
- Chuck Rosenzweig, '85, JD '88 - Managing Partner, Criterion Real Estate Capital
- Neil Rubler, A&S '92 - Founder & President, Candlebrook Properties
The competition is funded in part by the Marjorie Boas Levins and Jack Levins/F.H.T. Rhodes Real Estate Case Competition Fund.