- Senior Lecturer
- Innovation, Entrepreneurship & Technology
- Management Communication
- Organizational Communication
Peggy Odom-Reed is a senior lecturer in the marketing and management communication area at the School of Hotel Administration, where she teaches courses in management communication. Currently, she serves as the course chair for HADM 3650–Persuasive Business Communication for Hospitality Leaders. She also is one of the founding faculty fellows for the Cornell Institute for Healthy Futures.
Odom-Reed earned a PhD in organizational communication from the Department of Communication at Cornell University, and has taught courses in leadership communication and organizational communication. Odom-Reed's research is focused on communication (social) networks, leadership, teams, and distributive collaborative work.
Odom-Reed has corporate experience in human resources at 3M Company. With her strategic knowledge in this field, Odom-Reed is certified as a Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR). She also has offered leadership and communication coaching at Cornell University.
With her commitment to improve diversity and inclusion at Cornell, Odom-Reed served on the Diversity and Inclusion Task Force for Cornell SC Johnson College of Business, and she participated as a member of the Campus Experience Subcommittee on the Presidential Task Force on Campus Climate. She currently serves as the Faculty Chair on the Undergraduate Admissions Committee at the School of Hotel Administration.
- Susskind, Alex; Odom-Reed, Peggy; Viccari, Anthony. "Team Leaders and Team Members in Interorganizational Networks: An Examination of Structural Holes and Performance"Communication Research. 38.5 (2011): 613-633
- Susskind, Alex; Odom-Reed, Peggy. "Team Member's Centrality, Cohesion, Conflict, and Performance in Multi-University Geographically Distributed Project Teams"Communication Research. 46.2 (2019): 151-178
- Odom-Reed, Peggy. "Models of Excellence in Business Presentations: Creating Innovative Hospitality, Health, and Design Solutions"CIHF Collection. (forthcoming).
Awards and Honors
- Faculty Fellow, Founding Group (2016) Cornell Institute for Healthy Futures
- HADM 1650 - Business Writing for Hospitality Professionals
- HADM 7610 - Management Communication
- HADM 3650 - Persuasive Business Communication for Hospitality Leaders
- PhD College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, Cornell University, 2007
- MS College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, Cornell University, 1997
- BA University of West Florida, 1993