- Senior Lecturer
- Innovation, Entrepreneurship & Technology
- Management Communication
- Organizational Communication
- Human Resource Management and Law
Dr. Peggy Odom-Reed is a senior lecturer in the marketing and management communication area at the School of Hotel Administration, where she teaches courses in management communication. Odom-Reed currently serves as the Faculty Chair on the Undergraduate Admissions Committee and the Course Chair for HADM 3650 – Persuasive Business Communication for Hospitality Leaders. She also is one of the founding faculty fellows for the Cornell Institute for Healthy Futures.
Odom-Reed earned a PhD in organizational communication from the Department of Communication at Cornell University, and has taught courses in leadership communication and organizational communication. Odom-Reed's research is focused on communication (social) networks, leadership, teams, and distributive collaborative work.
Odom-Reed has corporate experience in human resources at 3M Company. With her strategic knowledge in this field, Odom-Reed is certified as a Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR). She also has offered leadership and communication coaching at Cornell University.
With her commitment to improve diversity, equity, and inclusion, Odom-Reed serves on SC Johnson College of Business' Leadership Council on Combating Racism and Promoting Diversity, Inclusion, Equity, and Belonging.
- Susskind, Alex; Odom-Reed, Peggy; Viccari, Anthony. "Team Leaders and Team Members in Interorganizational Networks: An Examination of Structural Holes and Performance"Communication Research. 38.5 (2011): 613-633
- Susskind, Alex; Odom-Reed, Peggy. "Team Member's Centrality, Cohesion, Conflict, and Performance in Multi-University Geographically Distributed Project Teams"Communication Research. 46.2 (2019): 151-178
- Odom-Reed, Peggy. "Models of Excellence in Business Presentations: Creating Innovative Hospitality, Health, and Design Solutions"CIHF Collection. (forthcoming).
Awards and Honors
- Faculty Fellow, Founding Group (2016) Cornell Institute for Healthy Futures
- HADM 7610 - Management Communication
- HADM 3650 - Persuasive Business Communication for Hospitality Leaders
- PhD College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, Cornell University, 2007
- MS College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, Cornell University, 1997
- BA University of West Florida, 1993