- Assistant Professor
- Food and Beverage Management
- Psychology of Food
- Consumer Behavior
- Social Media and New Technologies
Marie Ozanne is an Assistant Professor of Food and Beverage Management at the School of Hotel Administration. She earned a PhD in Hospitality Management from the Pennsylvania State University, University Park, and an MBA from ESSEC Business School, France.
Professor Ozanne research focuses on consumer behavior in social media and in response to new technologies. Ozanne is particularly interested in studying how the online and virtual worlds affect consumers brand perception, consumption, choice and well-being. Her ongoing work examines how food-photo-sharing on social media affects consumption enjoyment and how Artificial Intelligence recommendations affect food and beverage choices. By doing so, Ozanne aspires to help both consumers and companies gain knowledge and trust in their online consumer-brand relationship.
Prior to graduate school, Ozanne worked for several years in the hospitality industry in UK, Spain, France and Canada. Her last industry work consisted of developing cooking schools across South Europe for the Weber grilling company. She has also been an operational marketing manager for more than 100 restaurants in France. At the Hotel School, Professor Ozanne teaches introduction to Food Service Management – HADM 1360.
- HADM 1740/HADM 2740 - Business Computing
- HADM 6990 - Graduate Special Studies Project I
- HADM 1360 - Introduction to Foodservice Management
- HADM 4990 - Special Studies Project I
- PhD Pennsylvania State University, 2018
- MBA ESSEC Business School, 2013
- BS Academie Internationale de Management, 2010