- Food and Beverage Management
- Hospitality and Services Design, Management and Operations
- Culture & Cuisine
- Operations Management
- Food Industry Management
- Food Trends
Lilly Jan is a lecturer of food and beverage at the School of Hotel Administration. She brings nearly 15 years of experience in hospitality and foodservice, having worked in restaurants, catering and events, retail, and television production. Prior to joining Cornell, she was the Director of Culinary Operations for Newbury College in Brookline, Massachusetts. Lilly also served as a faculty member and academic advisor at Newbury College, creating and teaching a range of classes across culinary and hospitality management. She has also taught for Le Cordon Bleu and Boston University.
As a chef, product and recipe developer, and foodservice consultant, Lilly has worked with a variety of food-based businesses, including a food truck, on-demand food delivery, food start-up, and retail food stores. She specializes in operations management, focusing on ushering food business concepts to market.
A frequent speaker and media contact on food culture, cooking and Chinese cuisine, Lilly has been featured in print and radio outlets. She worked on TV production for America's Test Kitchen and was a regular contributor for WGBH's Boston Public Radio.
Lilly's research interests focus on workplace culture and career progression in the foodservice industry, food safety and food allergy training and education in restaurants, and culture and cuisine.
- Jan, Lilly; Naig, Anirudh. "Food Allergy Knowledge, Attitudes, Practices, and Training Experiences of Employees in Chinese Restaurants"Journal of Foodservice Management and Education. 14.1 (2020): 15-24
- HADM 4380/HADM 6380 - Culture and Cuisine
- HADM 4530 - Foodservice Facilities Design
- HADM 3350 - Restaurant Management
- PhD Iowa State University, 2018
- MLA Boston University, 2012
- BS Boston University, 2004