- Assistant Professor
Heeyon Kim is an assistant professor of strategy at the School of Hotel Administration and a management and organization area faculty member in the Cornell SC Johnson College of Business. Prior to her appointment in 2018, she was on the faculty at NUS Business School at the National University of Singapore. She received her PhD in strategy from the Ross School of Business at the University of Michigan.
Professor Kim’s research bridges strategy, organizational theory, and international business and explores how social evaluations of firms, such as social status, reputation and market identity, affect their behavior and performance. She particularly focuses on creative industries including feature films, fashion, and music but has also examined other contexts involving international expansion of firms. Professor Kim’s work has been published in journals such as the Academy of Management Journal and Organization Science, and by Oxford University Press and Cambridge University Press.
- HADM 7144 - Competitive Strategies for the Hospitality Industry
- HADM 9981 - Hospitality Graduate Research Seminar
- HADM 4410 - Strategic Management
- PhD Ross School of Business, University of Michigan, 2014
- MS Seoul National University, 2008
- BBA Seoul National University, 2006