- Management Communication
- Management and Organizations
Deirdre Gobeille Snyder is a lecturer in management communication at the Cornell School of Hotel Administration. She teaches a first-year business communication course. Prior to Cornell, she was an associate professor at Providence College in Rhode Island where she taught courses on organizational behavior, negotiations, leading and managing, and human resources to undergraduates, graduate students, and executives.
She studies the impact of loneliness and belonging at work, team accountability, and social growth mindsets. Her work has been published in the Journal of Applied Psychology, Human Resources Management, Journal of Business Ethics, and featured at the Academy of Management annual meetings.
Dr. Snyder holds a Ph.D. in organizational behavior from the University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill and a Masters of International Business from the University of South Carolina where she focused on marketing and Spanish. Before obtaining her Ph.D., Dr. Snyder spent 15 years working in corporate communications for a variety of organizations including Cornell's Johnson School and CNN Latin America. She has lived and worked in Spain, Mexico and Argentina.
- Snyder, Deirdre; Stewart, Virginia; Shea, Catherine. "Hello Again: Managing Talent with Boomerang Employees"Human Resource Management. 60.2 (2021): 295-312
- Stewart, Virginia; Snyder, Deirdre; Kou, Chia-Yu. "We hold ourselves accountable: A relational view of team accountability". (forthcoming).
- Snyder, Deirdre; Newman, Kevin. "Reducing consumer loneliness through brand communities"Journal of Consumer Marketing. 36.2 (2019): 337-347
- Welsh, David; Ordonez, Lisa; Snyder, Deirdre; Christian, Michael. "The slippery slope: How small ethical transgressions pave the way for larger future transgressions"Journal of Applied Psychology. 100.1 (2015): 114-127
Awards and Honors
- Outstanding MBA Faculty Award (2019) Providence College School of Business
- Greene Family Award for Teaching Excellence (2017) Providence College School of Business
- HADM 1650 - Business Writing for Hospitality Professionals
- PhD Kenan-Flagler School of Business, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, 2014
- MS Darla Moore School of Business, University of South Carolina, Columbia, 1996
- BS State University of New York at Geneseo, 1993