- Senior Lecturer
- Assurance of Learning Director, School of Hotel Administration
- Management Communication
- Entrepreneur Communication
Cornell Peter and Stephanie Nolan School of Hotel Administration
Andrew Quagliata is a senior lecturer in management communication at the Cornell School of Hotel Administration. He teaches a first-year business communication course, an upper-level persuasive communication class, a graduate course in real estate communication, and Communication for Entrepreneurs. He is the faculty sponsor of the Leland C. and Mary M. Pillsbury Institute for Hospitality Entrepreneurship Annual Pitch Deck Competition.
Quagliata is the author of an eCornell course titled: Building Compelling Slide Decks and Reports.
Quagliata holds a PhD in organizational communication from the University at Buffalo. His research interests include communication pedagogy, entrepreneur communication, and the relationship between communication and career success.
He has held professional positions in finance and higher education.
- Quagliata, Andrew. "Twitter Talk: A Low-Stakes Public Speaking Activity, in Selections from the 2018 Association for Business Communication Annual Conference, Miami, FL"Business and Professional Communication Quarterly. SAGE Publications. (forthcoming).
- Quagliata, Andrew; Spevak, Jeff; Weisler, A.; Cottone, Heather; Culhane, Barry; et al. "Chapter 2: More than an Event"Imagine This! RIT’s Innovation + Creativity Festival, Ed. Bruce Austin. RIT Press. (2018): 180pp
- Kelly, Ronald; Quagliata, Andrew; DeMartino, Richard; Perotti, Victor. "21st-Century Deaf Workers: Going Beyond “Just Employed” to Career Growth and Entrepreneurship"Diversity in Deaf Education, Ed. Venetta Lampropoulou, Ed. Emmanouil Skordilis, Ed. Marc Marschark. Oxford University Press. (2016): 473-506
- Quagliata, Andrew. "University Festival Promotes STEM Education"Journal of STEM Education, Ed. P. Raju. 16.3 (2015)
- Quagliata, Andrew. "Move Your Audience to Action: Using YouTube to Teach Persuasion"Communication Teacher. 28.3 (2014): 183-187
Awards and Honors
- Rising Star Award (2019) Association for Business Communication
- Faculty Teaching Recognition Award - Freshman Core (2017) School of Hotel Administration, Cornell SC Johnson College of Business
- Merrill Presidential Scholar Program Faculty Award (2016) Cornell University
- HADM 6640 - Management Communication
- HADM 3650 - Persuasive Business Communication for Hospitality Leaders
- PhD University at Buffalo (SUNY), 2012
- MBA Rochester Institute of Technology, 2003
- BS Rochester Institute of Technology, 2001