- Senior Lecturer
- Assurance of Learning Director, Nolan School of Hotel Administration
- Management Communication
- Interpersonal Communication
- Entrepreneur Communication
Cornell Peter and Stephanie Nolan School of Hotel Administration
Andrew Quagliata is a senior lecturer in management communication at the Nolan School of Hotel Administration in the Cornell SC Johnson College of Business. He teaches courses in business writing, persuasive communication, entrepreneurial communication, and real estate communication. He also teaches in the Cornell’s Executive Education Program and is the author of the eCornell course Building Compelling Slide Decks and Reports.
Quagliata engages with industry by speaking and delivering workshops on topics related to interpersonal communication, presentation skills, workplace writing, relationship building, storytelling, and influence.
Andrew holds a PhD in organizational communication from the University at Buffalo. He has published research on communication pedagogy and career success. Prior to his arrival at Cornell, Quagliata held professional positions in finance and higher education.
Awards and Honors
- Merrill Presidential Scholar Program Faculty Award (2021) Cornell University
- Faculty Teaching Award: Junior Core (2020) Cornell Peter and Stephanie Nolan School of Hotel Administration
- Rising Star Award (2019) Association for Business Communication
- Faculty Teaching Recognition Award - Freshman Core (2017) School of Hotel Administration, Cornell SC Johnson College of Business
- Merrill Presidential Scholar Program Faculty Award (2016) Cornell University
- HADM 3610/HADM 6610 - Communication for Entrepreneurs
- HADM 6640 - Management Communication
- HADM 7611 - Management Communication
- HADM 3650 - Persuasive Business Communication for Hospitality Leaders
- PhD University at Buffalo (SUNY), 2012
- MBA Rochester Institute of Technology, 2003
- BS Rochester Institute of Technology, 2001