- Assurance of Learning Director, Hotel School
- Innovation, Entrepreneurship & Technology
- Management Communication
- Entrepreneur Communication
Andrew Quagliata is a lecturer in management communication at the Cornell School of Hotel Administration. He teaches a first-year business communication course, an upper-level persuasive communication class, and Communication for Entrepreneurs. He is the faculty sponsor of the Leland C. and Mary M. Pillsbury Institute for Hospitality Entrepreneurship Annual Pitch Deck Competition.
Quagliata holds a PhD in organizational communication from the University at Buffalo. His research interests include communication pedagogy, entrepreneur communication, and the relationship between communication and career success.
He has held professional positions in finance and higher education.
- Kelly, Ronald; Quagliata, Andrew; DeMartino, Richard; Perotti, Victor. "21st-Century Deaf Workers: Going Beyond “Just Employed” to Career Growth and Entrepreneurship" Diversity in Deaf Education, Ed. Marc Marschark, Ed. Venetta Lampropoulou, Ed. Emmanouil Skordilis. Oxford University Press. (2016): 473-506
- Quagliata, Andrew. "University Festival Promotes STEM Education" Journal of STEM Education, Ed. P. Raju. 16.3 (2015)
- Quagliata, Andrew. "Move Your Audience to Action: Using YouTube to Teach Persuasion" Communication Teacher. 28.3 (2014): 183-187
Awards and Honors
- Faculty Teaching Recognition Award - Freshman Core (2017) School of Hotel Administration, Cornell SC Johnson College of Business
- Merrill Presidential Scholar Program Faculty Award (2016) Cornell University
- HADM 1650 - Business Writing for Hospitality Professionals
- HADM 3610 - Communication for Entrepreneurs
- HADM 4971 - Distinction in Research Course II
- HADM 3650 - Persuasive Business Communication for Hospitality Leaders
- HADM 4990 - Special Studies Project I
- PhD University at Buffalo, The State University of New York, 2012
- MBA Rochester Institute of Technology, 2003
- BS Rochester Institute of Technology, 2001