- Innovation, Entrepreneurship & Technology
- Information Systems
- Management Information Systems
- Technology Strategy
Andrew Whitmore is a lecturer at the Cornell School of Hotel Administration (SHA) in the area of information systems. Whitmore is interested in decision support systems, economics of information, and IT-enabled supply chains. His work has appeared in Information Systems Frontiers, Government Information Quarterly, Communications of the Association for Information Systems, and IEEE Software, as well as other journals and conferences.
Prior to coming to Cornell, Whitmore was on the faculty of the University of South Florida–Sarasota and Simmons College in Boston. He has also served as an economist at the Consumer Price Index and as an IT auditor at Ernst & Young in New York City.
Awards and Honors
- Faculty Teaching Award for Graduate Elective Fall 2019 (2020) Cornell University School of Hotel Administration
- Ted Teng '79 Dean’s Teaching Excellence Award (2017) Cornell SC Johnson College of Business, School of Hotel Administration
- HADM 4770/HADM 6770 - Advanced Business Modeling
- HADM 1740/HADM 2740 - Business Computing
- HADM 3740/HADM 6740 - Fundamentals of Database Management and Data Analysis
- HADM 4760 - Visual Basic for Applications: End-User Programming
- PhD College of Engineering and Applied Sciences, University at Albany (SUNY), 2010
- MS Carey School of Business, Johns Hopkins University, 2006
- BA College of Arts and Sciences, Cornell University, 2002