- This event has passed.
CREF: New York City Real Estate: Straight Talk on the Road to Recovery
December 9, 2020 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm EST
New York City was hit early and hit hard by COVID-19. In a matter of months, the city saw its commuter-reliant businesses, tourism and entertainment industries, and everyday life temporarily devastated. The city’s real estate must and will adapt.
New York, and its real estate sector, is nothing but resilient. The pandemic has changed how we live, work, and invest. The question now is: what will the 21st century “new normal” be? How, and how successfully, will New York City’s real estate ecosystem rebound?
What You’ll Learn
- How NYC mixed-use developments and commercial real estate asset classes will be impacted in both the short and long term
- How technology is being utilized to reimagine real estate
- Options for the future of the urban workplace
- What developers are doing in partnership with government and civic organizations to reorganize and mitigate risk
- How a collaborative approach among industry, academics, and policymakers can benefit NYC planning and development in 2021 and beyond
Kevin F. Hallock
Dean, Cornell SC Johnson College of Business
Andrew H. Tisch, SHA ’71
Co-chairman of the Board
Deborah Friedland, SHA ‘84, MBA ’88
EisnerAmper Financial Advisory Services and Real Estate Groups
Urban Tech Hub, Jacobs Technion-Cornell Institute, Cornell Tech
Kenneth A. Himmel, SHA ’70
President and Chief Executive Officer
Related Urban | Gulf Related