- This event has passed.
CHR/CIFBM: Reopening Restaurants After COVID-19: Lessons From Asia
December 8, 2020 @ 9:00 am - 10:00 am EST
With coronavirus cases currently skyrocketing across the United States and in some areas a long, cold winter ahead, many questions remain as to how the nation’s food and beverage industry can and should respond. Most restaurateurs are eager to reopen but unsure of how to do so safely and responsibly. With restrictions and guidelines varying from state to state, those in the industry are having to plan and adapt as best they can until specific guidelines from health organizations and legislators provide additional parameters.
How does a food and beverage operation that trades in social engagement and interaction create a safe, responsible environment for guests and staff that is both sensitive to the ongoing pandemic and economically viable for its stakeholders?
Many parts of Asia have already begun the process of reopening, with restaurants taking their cues from their governmental guidelines and developing standard operating procedures that address the needs and concerns of both staff and guests. In this webinar, we will hear directly from two Singapore-based restaurateurs and consider their experiences as they share their stories.
What you’ll Learn
- How to create new standard operating procedures to ensure guest and staff safety
- How to address labor issues, such as rehiring staff and training staff members on your new safety measures, procedures, and service models
- Where to invest time and resources for reopening, such as incorporating new technology, redesigning menus, reimagining layout, and exploring new service models
- Advice and best practices from restaurateurs who have successfully reopened their businesses
- What restaurateurs wish they had known before reopening and lessons learned
- Travis Masiero
TRAVIS MASIERO RESTAURANT GROUP
Travis Masiero Restaurant Group
- Lilly Jan
LECTURERCornell School of Hotel Administration
- December 8, 2020
9:00 am - 10:00 am EST
- Event Categories:
- Center for Hospitality Research, In Partnership
- Venue Name:
- Venue Address:
- online event