- This event has passed.
CHR – Virtual Sustainability Roundtable
Sustainability is a top concern for many in the global hospitality industry. The Cornell Center for Hospitality Research will host a virtual Sustainability Roundtable for participants to gathered from around the world to discuss a wide range of emerging topics including actionable strategies for the industry.
The CHR Virtual Sustainability Roundtable will be co-chaired by Jeanne Varney, Senior Lecturer, and Aaron Adalja Assistant Professor, School of Hotel Administration, SC Johnson College of Business, Cornell University.
CHR Virtual Sustainability Roundtable
Friday, October 16, 10am-1:15pm
Students and faculty members are invited to observe the roundtable.
10:00 – 10:15 a.m. Welcome and Introductions
10:15 – 11:00 a.m. Session 1: COVID-19 and the New Frontier of Sustainability
11:00 – 11:15 a.m. Bio Break
11:15 – 12:00 p.m. Session 2: Consumer Preferences and Incentives
12:00 – 12:15 p.m. Bio Break
12:15 – 1:00 p.m. Session 3: Research and Hot Topic Round Robin
1:00 – 1:10 p.m. Closing Remarks
- Aaron Adalja, Assistant Professor, School of Hotel Administration, SC Johnson College of Business
- Elena Belavina, Associate Professor of Operations, School of Hotel Administration, SC Johnson College of Business
- Debbie Friedel, Director of Sustainability, Delaware North
- Maisie Ganzler ’93, Chief Strategy & Brand Officer, Bon Appetit Management Company
- Vaibhav Garg, Area Talent & Culture Manager, Accor – The Maldives
- Scot Hopps, Director of Hotels, Lark Hotels
- Gizem Kilic ’22, PhD Candidate, Cornell University
- Willy Legrand, Professor, IUBH International University
- Matthew Lobach, Director of Sustainability, Hersha Hotels and Resorts
- Jenny Lynch, Senior Manager, Deloitte
- Adam Maclennan MMH ’06, Managing Director Head of UK & Ireland, PKF hotelexperts
- Mark Milstein, Clinical Professor of Management & Director of the Center for Sustainable Global Enterprise, Johnson Graduate School of Management, SC Johnson College of Business
- Craig Mustard, Head of Domestic Brand Management, Choice Hotels
- Olivia Ruggles-Brice, Director, Greenview
- Michele Sarkisian, Partner, Avenger Capital
- Rishi Shah ’99, Director of Sustainability, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts
- Jeanne Varney, Lecturer, School of Hotel Administration, SC Johnson College of Business
- Rick Werber ’82, SVP, Engineering & Sustainability, Host Hotels & Resorts
This event is by invitation only.