- This event has passed.
CHR: Hospitality Outlook 2021: Hotel Performance, Capital Markets, and Consumer Behavior
April 15, 2021 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm EDT
All eyes are on the hospitality industry as the recovery is poised to begin. Despite the U.S. market being down 52% in RevPAR for 2020 and a slow start to 2021, the robust stimulus package passed by Congress and accelerating vaccination rates contribute to an optimistic view for the remainder of 2021. From shifts in hotel demand to improvements in the transaction and financial climate from lenders and the equity markets, hoteliers are gearing up for a busy second half of the year. This panel of industry leaders from the Cornell community will discuss the outlook of this pent-up demand as consumers hit the road with more confidence and potentially kick off a true economic recovery.
This online event is brought to you by Cornell’s School of Hotel Administration and the Center for Hospitality Research.
What You’ll Learn
- How differences in composition of demand will influence which markets and submarkets are more likely to recover in 12 to 18 months
- The ways in which lenders and hotel owners have weathered the COVID-19 storm, along with an overview on the appetite for transactions.
- The Wall Street perspective on hotel brands and REITs as they emerge from the deepest downturn in the industry’s history
- Factors driving consumer behavior in both leisure and commercial travel
- Cindy Estis Green ’79, CEO and co-founder, Kalibri Labs
- Rachael Rothman MPS ’95, head of hotels research and data analytics, CBRE Hotels Research
- Dave Roberts ’87, MS ’88, lecturer, School of Hotel Administration, Cornell University
- Jess Petitt ’05, vice president of analytics, Hilton