Corporate Engagement Opportunities
The School of Hotel Administration (SHA) offers companies a wealth of opportunities to align their brand with the world's top hospitality-management school and build awareness among the industry's future leaders.
Join over 200 companies and foundations that engage with SHA by recruiting graduates, sponsoring events, developing a long-term alliance, or naming a space or program at the school, among other gift opportunities.
Please contact the corporate relations office to discuss which engagement opportunities best suit your organization.
- Access the Network
- Support Students
- Drive Thought Leadership
- Advance the Academic Mission
- Other Ways to Engage
- Matching Gifts
Our premier industry events enable companies to raise their organization's profile with SHA through sponsorship while networking with Cornell's prominent Hotelie alumni network, faculty, students, and peers:
- Cornell Reception at ALIS
- Cornell/Ecole hôteliere de Lausanne Reception at IHIF/ITB
- Cornell Hospitality Icon & Innovator Awards
- Cornell MMH Reception at HX: The Hotel Experiences - Rooms to Restaurants
Connect with Faculty
Industry leaders can engage with SHA's esteemed faculty by:
- Guest lecturing in the classroom or seminar
- Participating in panels or roundtables as an industry expert
- Connecting with faculty members at industry conferences
An endowed scholarship becomes a permanent tribute to your company or organization. Scholarships are critical in achieving need-blind admissions and need-based financial aid, making it possible to admit students solely on the basis of their potential to succeed. For more information on how your company can support the next generation of leaders through endowing a named scholarship, visit our gift opportunities page.
Academic competitions enable students to apply theory to practice, and hone analytical, critical-thinking, and presentation skills. Corporate sponsorship supports the competition and prizes, and executives may serve as judges, providing industry insights.
- Cornell International Real Estate Case Competition
- Stephen Hall Ethics Case Competition
- Hospitality Business Plan Competition
- IHIF Student Challenge
A key element of SHA's experiential-learning-based education is the opportunity for students to attend industry conferences to directly interact and network with industry leaders. Corporate support of student travel helps to underwrite these costs.
Hotel Ezra Cornell
Hotel Ezra Cornell (HEC) is an annual weekend-long educational conference, put on by the students for hospitality industry leaders. The student leaders of HEC welcome your organization's support.
Mentorship is a unique opportunity for industry professionals to share their wealth of knowledge with the next generation of hospitality leaders. Mentorship opportunities exist across all disciplines to match prospective mentors with students and to provide engagement opportunities:
- Cornell Real Estate Club (CREC) mentor program
- Employer in Residence through the career management office
Employers target SHA in their recruiting efforts because they consistently find remarkable students who have been shaped by rigorous academics, exceptional faculty, state-of-the-art facilities, and an interdisciplinary educational system that promotes innovation across academic boundaries. To learn how your organization can make the most of recruiting at SHA, please visit Career Management in the Office of Student Services.
Host a Visit
SHA students benefit from seeing the industry in action. Businesses and companies can host student visits to their corporate office, project site, or industry conference, as well as underwriting student travel and accommodations.
Collaborations with industry are crucial to our success as a thought leader in the hospitality industry. Bringing together academics and industry allows us to make remarkable strides in the future of our industry. Companies can get involved in many ways through participation on a panel or donating to support the thought-leadership initiatives of the school.
SHA presents a wide range of panels and conferences each year:
- Cornell Hospitality Thought Leadership Series
- Cornell Annual Real Estate Conference
- Hotel Ezra Cornell (HEC)
- Cornell International Hospitality Summit
The centers and institutes annually host numerous senior-level, invitation-only roundtables to enable industry and academic discussion of current topics and issues relevant to the industry.
- Center for Hospitality Research roundtables
- Center for Real Estate and Finance upcoming events
- Cornell Center for Innovative Hospitality Labor and Employment Relations roundtables
- Leland C. and Mary M. Pillsbury Institute for Hospitality Entrepreneurship roundtables
Corporate connections and support bolster SHA's research, teaching, programs, and outreach initiatives:
- Faculty research
- Donation of data for classroom use or faculty research
- Cutting-edge curriculum
- Centers and institutes
- Entrepreneurship Bootcamp for Veterans with Disabilities
- Industry guest speakers in the classroom
- Entrepreneurs in Residence
Many employers recognize the importance of philanthropy by offering to match or multiply donations made by active and retired employees and, in some cases, employees' spouses and partners as well.
See if your company currently matches gifts, or contact the Office of University Corporate and Foundation Relations/Colleges and Units to establish your organization as a matching-gift company.