Hotel Management Contracts, Hotel Leases, Hotel Investing, Hotel Management Agreement, Real Estate
Jan A. deRoos is the HVS Professor of Hotel Finance and Real Estate at the Cornell University School of Hotel Administration (SHA), where he has taught since 1988. He has devoted his career to teaching and research related to hospitality real estate, with a focus on the valuation, financing, development, and control of lodging, timeshare, and restaurant assets.
DeRoos co-developed a free tool, the Hotel Valuation Software, with Stephen Rushmore of HVS International, and has developed a respected online executive education curriculum for hotel real estate professionals. His book on hotel management agreements, co-authored with the late James Eyster, is the seminal academic publication on the topic.
Prior to joining Cornell, deRoos worked extensively in the hotel industry as a construction and engineering manager.
- HADM 3210 - Principles of Hospitality Real Estate
- HADM 4970 - Latin Honors Course I
- HADM 4990 - Undergraduate Independent Study
- HADM 6220 - Hospitality Asset Management
- Ph D, Cornell University, School of Hotel Administration
- MS, Cornell University, School of Hotel Administration
- BS, Cornell University, School of Hotel Administration