- Michael D. Johnson and Family Professor of Services Marketing
- Services Marketing
- Hospitality and Services Design, Management and Operations
Cornell Peter and Stephanie Nolan School of Hotel Administration
Michael Lynn is a professor of consumer behavior and marketing at the Cornell University School of Hotel Administration. He received his PhD in social psychology from the Ohio State University in 1987, and has taught in the marketing departments of business and hospitality schools since 1988.
Lynn paid his way through school by waiting tables and bartending. This experience sparked his interest in service gratuities (tipping), a topic on which he has over 50 published academic papers. His other research focuses on consumer status and uniqueness seeking. Lynn was an associate editor of the Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics and is the current editor of the Cornell Hospitality Quarterly.
- HADM 3470/HADM 6470 - Consumer Behavior
- HADM 2430 - Marketing Management for Services
- HADM 3430 - Marketing Research
- PhD Ohio State University, 1987
- MA Ohio State University, 1983
- BA University of Texas, Austin, 1979