- Hotel Operations
- Wellness & Spas
- Casino Operations
Reneta McCarthy is a senior lecturer at the School of Hotel Administration where she has been teaching in the operations management area since 1995. She teaches the introductory hotel operations and casino operations courses, in addition to the wellness and spas class. She was the faculty on record for the Hotel Ezra Cornell, the annual student-run industry conference, from HEC 80 through HEC 91.
Reneta has ten years of hotel operations experience. She began her career at Marriott International, where she worked as a housekeeping manager and then as director of services in the full-service hotel division. She later transferred to Courtyard Hotels, by Marriott, where she became one of the youngest Courtyard general managers. Reneta returned to Cornell in 1992 to begin work on her master's degree and a year later became the director of rooms at The Statler Hotel. She earned a BS degree from the Cornell University School of Hotel Administration in 1984 and a Master of Professional Studies degree from the Hotel School in 2001. Her husband, Mark, teaches business computing courses at the hotel school.
- HADM 6990 - Grad Special Studies Project I
- HADM 4910 - Hotel Ezra Cornell (H.E.C.)
- HADM 4080 - Introduction to Casino Operations
- HADM 1350 - Introduction to Hotel Operations
- HADM 4990 - Special Studies Project I
- HADM 4020/HADM 6020 - Wellness and Spas
- MPS Cornell University, School of Hotel Administration, 2001
- BS Cornell University, School of Hotel Administration, 1984