- Assistant Professor
- Behavioral Economics and Decision Research
- Innovation, Entrepreneurship & Technology
- Human Resource Management and Law
Professor Jamie Perry is an Assistant Professor of Human Resources Management. She teaches the core HR course and the elective Leading and Managing Teams.
Professor Perry's work focuses on the impact of team composition on conflict and performance. She has a particular interest in how power and status structures impact intragroup dynamics, and when and why particular team formations lead to collaboration versus competition. Her research appears in academic journals such as Personnel Psychology, American Psychologist, Psychological Bulletin, and Academy of Management Annals.
Professor Perry joined Cornell University in 2014. She received her MA in Psychology and PhD in Organization Management from Rutgers University.
- Bezrukova, K.; Spell, C.S.; Perry, Jamie. "Violent splits or healthy divides? Coping with injustice through faultlines"Personnel Psychology. 63 (2010): 719-751
- Hall, Alison; Hall, Erika; Perry, Jamie. "Black and Blue: Exploring Racial Bias and Law Enforcement in the Killings of Unarmed Black Males"American Psychologist. 71.3 (2016): 175-186
- Bezrukova, Katerina; Spell, Chester; Perry, Jamie; Jehn, Karen. "A Meta-Analytical Integration of over 40 years of Research on Diversity Training Evaluation"Psychological Bulletin. 142.11 (2016): 1227-1274
- Roberson, Quinetta; Holmes IV, Oscar; Perry, Jamie. "Transforming Research on Diversity and Firm Performance: A Dynamic Capabilities Perspective"Academy of Management Annals. 11.1 (2017): 189-216
Awards and Honors
- Cornell Institute for Social Sciences Faculty Fellow (2019) Cornell Institute for Social Sciences
- Cornell Engaged Learning Faculty Fellow (2019) Cornell University
- S. Rains Wallace Dissertation Award for the best dissertation in Industrial/Organizational Psychology (2016) Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology (SIOP)
- Cornell Institute for Healthy Futures Fellow (2019) Cornell University
- HADM 2810 - Human Resources Management
- HADM 4835/HADM 6835 - Leading and Managing Teams
- PhD Rutgers Business School, Rutgers University, Newark & New Brunswick, 2014
- MA Rutgers University, Camden, 2009
- BS University of Houston, 2006