ISS Faculty Fellow
Rachel Etess Green '98 and Jason Green Faculty Fellow
- Behavioral Economics and Decision Research
- Innovation, Entrepreneurship & Technology
- Team Dynamics
- Behavioral Research
- Management & Organizations
Professor Jamie Perry is an assistant professor of human resources management and the Rachel Etess Green '98 and Jason Green Faculty Fellow at the Cornell School of Hotel Administration.
Professor Perry's work focuses on team effectiveness, with an interest in how compositional factors and conflict influence team dynamics. She explores how power and status affect interactions within the workplace and broader society. Her work has been published in academic journals, such as Personnel Psychology, American Psychologist, Psychological Bulletin, and Academy of Management Annals. Professor Perry received the 2015 Rutgers Business School Academic Excellence Award. She is also the recipient of the 2016 Society of Industrial Organizational Psychology S. Rains Wallace Dissertation Award.
Professor Perry received her MA in psychology and PhD in organization management from Rutgers University.
- Bezrukova, K.; Spell, C.S.; Perry, Jamie. "Violent splits or healthy divides? Coping with injustice through faultlines" Personnel Psychology. 63 (2010): 719-751
- Hall, Alison; Hall, Erika; Perry, Jamie. "Black and Blue: Exploring Racial Bias and Law Enforcement in the Killings of Unarmed Black Males" American Psychologist. 71.3 (2016): 175-186
- Bezrukova, Katerina; Spell, Chester; Perry, Jamie; Jehn, Karen. "A Meta-Analytical Integration of over 40 years of Research on Diversity Training Evaluation" Psychological Bulletin. 142.11 (2016): 1227-1274
- Roberson, Quinetta; Holmes IV, Oscar; Perry, Jamie. "Transforming Research on Diversity and Firm Performance: A Dynamic Capabilities Perspective" The Academy of Management Annals. 11.1 (2017): 189-216
Awards and Honors
- S. Rains Wallace Dissertation Award for the best dissertation in Industrial/Organizational Psychology (2016) Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology (SIOP)
- HADM 2810 - Human Resources Management
- HADM 4835/HADM 6835 - Leading and Managing Teams
- Ph D Rutgers University, Rutgers Business School- Newark & New Brunswick, 2014
- MA Rutgers University, The State University of New Jersey, 2009
- BS University of Houston, 2006
In the news
June 21, 2018
Can You Train People To Be Less Prejudiced?
August 01, 2018
The Getaway: Hotels Grapple With Racial Bias