- Assistant Professor
- Torgalkar Faculty Fellow
Eva Steiner is an Assistant Professor of Real Estate at the Cornell University School of Hotel Administration. Prior to joining Cornell, she was an assistant professor of real estate at the University of Cambridge, UK, where she taught undergraduate- and graduate-level real estate finance and econometrics. Professor Steiner's research interests include real estate finance and economics. Professor Steiner's research has been published in Real Estate Economics and the Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, among others. She regularly contributes to academic and industry seminars and conferences. Her work has been recognized through a number of international honors and awards (e.g., from the American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association), and has attracted sponsorship from academic and industry-related sources, such as the Real Estate Research Institute. Professor Steiner received her BA from the University of Heilbronn, Germany, and her MPhil and PhD degrees from the University of Cambridge.
- Boudry, Walter; Connolly, R.; Steiner, Eva. "What happens during flight to safety: Evidence from public and private real estate markets"Real Estate Economics.1-26 (forthcoming).
- Ambrose, B. W.; Steiner, Eva. "Economic Fundamentals, Capital Expenditures, and Asset Dispositions"Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics. (forthcoming).
- Pavlov, Andrey; Steiner, Eva; Wachter, Susan. "The Consequences of REIT Index Membership for Return Patterns"Real Estate Economics. 46.1 (2018): 210-250
- Pavlov, Andrey; Steiner, Eva; Wachter, Susan. "REIT Capital Structure Choices: Preparation Matters"Real Estate Economics. 46.1 (2018): 160-209
- Alcock, Jamie; Steiner, Eva. "Fundamental Drivers of Dependence in REIT Returns"Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics. 57.1 (2018): 4-42
- Alcock, Jamie; Steiner, Eva. "Unexpected Inflation, Capital Structure, and Real Risk-adjusted Firm Performance"Abacus: A Journal of Accounting, Finance and Business Studies. 53.2 (2017): 273-298
- Alcock, J.T.; Steiner, Eva. "The Interrelationships between REIT Capital Structure and Investment"Abacus: A Journal of Accounting, Finance and Business Studies. 53.3 (2017): 371-394
- Riddiough, Timothy; Steiner, Eva. "Financial Flexibility and Manager–Shareholder Conflict: Evidence from REITs"Real Estate Economics. (forthcoming).
- Pavlov, Andrey; Steiner, Eva; Wachter, Susan. "Macroeconomic Risk Factors and the Role of Mispriced Credit in the Returns from International Real Estate Securities"Real Estate Economics. 43.1 (2015): 241-270
- Alcock, Jamie; Baum, Andrew; Colley, Nicholas; Steiner, Eva. "The Role of Financial Leverage in the Performance of Private Equity Real Estate Funds"Journal of Portfolio Management. 39.5 (2013): 99-110
Awards and Honors
- Distinguished Research Prize (2017) AREUEA-NAREIT Research Conference
- Cambridge Endowment for Research in Finance, Research Fellow (2016) University of Cambridge, United Kingdom
- Excellence in Real Estate Research for Doctoral Thesis (2015) Aareal Bank (Germany)
- Best Doctoral Student Paper (2012) AREUEA International Conference
- Best Paper on Real Estate Investment (2010) European Real Estate Association
- HADM 4271/HADM 6271 - Investment in Real Estate Securities and Funds
- HADM 3210 - Principles of Hospitality Real Estate
- PhD Department of Land Economy, University of Cambridge, 2014
- PhM Department of Land Economy, University of Cambridge, 2008
- BA University of Heilbronn, 2006