- Real Estate
Eva Steiner is an Assistant Professor of Real Estate at the Cornell University School of Hotel Administration. Prior to joining Cornell, she was an assistant professor of real estate at the University of Cambridge, UK, where she taught undergraduate- and graduate-level real estate finance and econometrics. Professor Steiner's research interests include real estate finance and economics. Professor Steiner's research has been published in Real Estate Economics and the Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, among others. She regularly contributes to academic and industry seminars and conferences. Her work has been recognized through a number of international honors and awards (e.g., from the American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association), and has attracted sponsorship from academic and industry-related sources, such as the Real Estate Research Institute. Professor Steiner received her BA from the University of Heilbronn, Germany, and her MPhil and PhD degrees from the University of Cambridge.
- Riddiough, Timothy; Steiner, Eva. "Financial Flexibility and Manager–Shareholder Conflict: Evidence from REITs" Real Estate Economics. (forthcoming).
- Pavlov, Andrey; Steiner, Eva; Wachter, Susan. "The Consequences of REIT Index Membership for Return Patterns" Real Estate Economics. (forthcoming).
- Alcock, J.T.; Steiner, Eva. "The Interrelationships between REIT Capital Structure and Investment" Abacus: A Journal of Accounting, Finance and Business Studies. 53.3 (2017): 371-394
- Alcock, Jamie; Steiner, Eva. "Unexpected Inflation, Capital Structure, and Real Risk-adjusted Firm Performance" Abacus: A Journal of Accounting, Finance and Business Studies. 53.2 (2017): 273-298
- Pavlov, Andrey; Steiner, Eva; Wachter, Susan. "REIT Capital Structure Choices: Preparation Matters" Real Estate Economics. (forthcoming).
- Alcock, Jamie; Steiner, Eva. "Fundamental Drivers of Dependence in REIT Returns" Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics. (forthcoming).
- Pavlov, Andrey; Steiner, Eva; Wachter, Susan. "Macroeconomic Risk Factors and the Role of Mispriced Credit in the Returns from International Real Estate Securities" Real Estate Economics. 43.1 (2015): 241-270
- Alcock, Jamie; Steiner, Eva; Tan, Kelvin. "Joint Leverage and Maturity Choices in Real Estate Firms: The Role of the REIT Status" Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics. 48.1 (2014): 57-78
- Alcock, Jamie; Baum, Andrew; Colley, Nicholas; Steiner, Eva. "The Role of Financial Leverage in the Performance of Private Equity Real Estate Funds" Journal of Portfolio Management. 39.5 (2013): 99-110
- Alcock, Jamie; Glascock, John; Steiner, Eva. "Manipulation in U.S. REIT Investment Performance Evaluation: Empirical Evidence" Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics. 47.3 (2013): 434-465
Awards and Honors
- Distinguished Research Prize (2017) AREUEA-NAREIT Research Conference
- Cambridge Endowment for Research in Finance, Research Fellow (2016) University of Cambridge, United Kingdom
- Excellence in Real Estate Research for Doctoral Thesis (2015) Aareal Bank (Germany)
- Best Doctoral Student Paper (2012) AREUEA International Conference
- Best Paper on Real Estate Investment (2010) European Real Estate Association
- HADM 4271/HADM 6271 - Investment in Real Estate Securities and Funds
- HADM 4200 - Principles of Real Estate
- Ph D University of Cambridge, Department of Land Economy, 2014
- M.Phil University of Cambridge, Department of Land Economy, 2008
- BA University of Heilbronn, 2006
In the news
October 30, 2017
Cornell's Eva Steiner Reit Capital Structures