Guest Student Qualification Guidelines
To determine your eligibility, please review the following qualification guidelines. As a guest student you are required to:
- Receive a recommendation from your home institution or university. A letter of recommendation must be received by Cornell University prior to initiating the application process.
- Complete the college report form and have it signed by an appropriate college official at your home institution.
- Be a native English speaker or achieve a minimum combined TOEFL score of 100, or minimum IELTS score of 7, within two years prior to the start of the semester for which you are applying.
- Be enrolled in a course of study in hospitality management, or a related field.
- Be officially enrolled in a university degree program with a minimum grade of B, or the equivalent (for example: 80 or higher on a 100-point scale, or 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 grading scale). Student transcripts will be reviewed by Cornell Admissions. Please submit a school profile that defines the grading scale and transcript codes used at your home institution.
- Successfully complete second-year university coursework (or equivalent), including courses in statistics, financial accounting, and financial management.
- Submit a written statement of intent, in English.
- Enroll in a minimum of 12 credit hours per semester while attending Cornell.
- Pay all Cornell fees, including tuition, housing, and dining. Financial aid for guest students is not available from Cornell University.
If you meet the qualification guidelines and wish to apply to SHA as a guest student, please contact us to begin the application process at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadlines are October 1 for spring-semester start and March 1 for fall-semester start.