Eva Steiner is an assistant professor of real estate at the Cornell University School of Hotel Administration. Prior to joining Cornell, she was an assistant professor at the University of Cambridge, UK, where she taught undergraduate- and graduate-level real estate finance and applied econometrics.
Professor Steiner’s research interests include commercial real estate as well as empirical real estate and corporate finance. Her recent work is focused on real estate investment trusts (REITs) and examines their capital structure decisions and performance. Professor Steiner’s research has been published in Real Estate Economics, the Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, and the Journal of Portfolio Management. She regularly contributes to academic and industry conferences. Her work has been recognized through a number of international honors and awards, e.g., from the American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, and has attracted sponsorship from academic and industry-related sources, such as the Real Estate Research Institute.
Professor Steiner received her BA from the University of Heilbronn, Germany, and her MPhil and PhD degrees from the University of Cambridge, UK.
Courses TaughtFall 2017
- HADM 4200 - Principles of Real Estate
- HADM 4271 - Investment in Real Estate Securities and Funds
- HADM 6271 - Investment in Real Estate Securities and Funds
- Ph D, University of Cambridge, Department of Land Economy
- M.Phil, University of Cambridge, Department of Land Economy
- BA, University of Heilbronn