- This event has passed.
PIHE: Business Plan Competition Student Networking Session
October 28, 2020 @ 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm EDT
Are you looking to form or finalize a team in order to participate in the Hospitality Business Plan Competition? If so, this session is for you!
Students will have the opportunity to pitch their concepts AND/OR pitch themselves in order to make connections based on interests and skill-sets. This will be an informal activity, but an important one that can help you complete your team.
Please register in advance by using this link. Upon registering, you will receive an automatic follow-up email via Zoom with the URL to join the meeting, as well as options for adding the event to your calendar.
Below is a set of guidelines for the networking session. Please reach out to Michelle, email@example.com, with questions!
Guidelines for Business Plan Competition Networking Session
This networking session has been organized for students who are exploring participation in the Hospitality Business Plan Competition. Whether you have a solid concept and are looking for members to join your team or if you’re just beginning the process and want to meet others in hopes of forming a team, this session is open to all.
- Each student will take a minute or so to introduce themselves and pitch why they are in the session.
- Don’t be shy! This is an informal event –just be yourself.
- Students can exchange emails in the chat with those they are interested in connecting with for further discussion after the session.
- Remember: aim to focus on creating a well-rounded team with members whose skillsets complement each other.
For students who have a concept and are looking for team members:
- You need to be willing to provide an overview of your concept. If you’re not comfortable talking about it, it will be hard to find team members. This can be as brief as you would like– the goal is to attract team members.
- Be clear in the type of skillsets you are looking for in team members.
- If there are particular students you think will be a good fit for your team, be sure to exchange emails during the session so you can connect afterwards to further explore the opportunity.
For students who are interested in joining a team or forming one of their own:
- Come prepared to pitch yourself. Tell the group a little bit about yourself and what your strongest skillsets are.
- During the session, if you find a concept to be interesting or if there are other students who you think would make good team members, be sure to exchange emails during the session so you can connect afterwards to further explore the opportunity.