- This event has passed.
CREF: The Future of Multifamily and CRE in Energy Markets
May 12, 2020 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm EDT
With demand shocks pushing oil prices down to record lows, the energy industry has had to deal with historic amounts of upheaval given the COVID-19 crisis. How will multifamily and commercial properties be affected in geographic markets that are dependent on the industry?
Join Victor Calanog, Head of CRE Economics to gain insight on:
• The COVID-19 crisis: How do we model pandemic scenarios for the US economy, and how does this translate to multifamily and commercial real estate properties in energy markets, given the complications of the oil price debacle?
• How bad can it get? Downside estimates for property types in energy-dependent geographic markets. Which market will get hit harder, and why?
• What will recovery look like? What will it take to restart the US economy, and how have policymakers respond to the crisis, with respect to energy prices and US commercial real estate?
• Victor Calanog, Head of CRE Econoimcs, Moody’s Analytics REIS
• Cristina Pieretti, Managing Director-Head of REIS, Moody’s Analytics REIS (moderator)