- This event has passed.
CREF: Hotel Transactions in a Post-COVID World, The Road Ahead
May 14, 2020 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am EDT
With cash flows severely impacted and an uncertain recovery on the horizon, the hotel transactions landscape will look quite different than what we’re used to for the balance of 2020 and well into 2021. There will clearly be a need for capital to support operations, facilitate debt restructurings, and fund post-recovery capital improvements. The record amount of capital that has been raised for real estate in general, and hotels specifically, raises a number of questions: Where will these funds be deployed? Where will investors find opportunities? How will hotel properties be valued?
A panel of investment and real estate experts will share their perspectives on how hotel transactions have been affected by the economic downturn and what the road back to “normal” may look like.
We will explore how the record amount of capital that has been raised for hotels will be deployed; where investors will find opportunities; whether “straight asset sales” will be replaced by note purchases, structured transactions, and other forms of capital infusions; and how hotel properties will be valued.
- How expected government intervention will provide guidance and regulations to both CMBS special servicers and balance sheet lenders
- How investors that hold hotel assets in their current portfolios are dealing with operating shortfalls, how they are working with their lenders, and how lenders are reacting
- Where the opportunities to invest in this market will be and when these opportunities are likely to present themselves
- The challenges and opportunities the crisis presents to real estate investment trusts
- How investors are likely to value hotel investment opportunities during the downturn and recovery
- May 14, 2020
10:00 am - 11:00 am EDT
- Event Categories:
- CREF, In Partnership
- Venue Name:
- Venue Address:
- online event
CHR Webinar: The Next 100 Years: Hospitality Guests of Tomorrow
CREF: Spring Advisory Board Meeting