- This event has passed.
CIHLER: What’s a Reasonable Accommodation During COVID-19?
June 8, 2020 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm EDT
California businesses are beginning to reopen and employers are creating new policies and protocols to protect both them and customers. Despite these efforts, many employees likely have concerns about returning to the workplace and complying with new social distancing and related safety protocols.
These issues are further complicated by California’s stringent regulations and requirements when it comes to providing reasonable accommodations for employees with disabilities. Join us for a discussion on these issues and obtain guidance on longer-term solutions, as the State attempts to learn to coexist with the virus.
- Handling of employees’ requests not to return to the worksite
- Managing employees who are part of vulnerable populations
- PPE and potential disability accommodations
- Leaves of absence and paid leave requirements
- Local ordinances providing additional emergency paid sick leave