- This event has passed.
CIHLER/PIHE/CHR: Employee Oriented Tech: Even More Relevant in the New Normal
October 27, 2020 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm EDT
Introducing new employee-oriented tech solutions can be a double-edged sword for the hospitality industry. Technology meant to enhance the employee experience offers certain benefits, including increased efficiency, but it can also carry with it legal risks, especially if the technology is not properly implemented.
As technology becomes increasingly relevant for both employers and employees, it’s more important than ever to consider the pluses and minuses of engaging staff digitally. This session will explore the relevance, risk, and reward of employee-oriented tech within hospitality.
What You’ll Learn
- Arguments for and against digitalizing the employee experience
- How tech solutions help you reach all employees when it matters the most
- Methods for rolling out new technology while complying with laws and established internal processes
- How tech solutions can improve health by preventing ill employees from coming to work
- Ways to ensure your employees’ privacy and the security of their information
Featured panelists include Nigel Beck Creator & Founder of WhenLabs, Andrada Paraschiv, Head of Hospitality, Beekeeper; Kyle Miller, Deloitte Consulting Principal; Shawndra Jones, Senior Counsel, Epstein Becker Green; and moderated by David Sherwyn, the John and Melissa Ceriale Professor of Hospitality Human Resources and a professor of law at Cornell University’s School of Hotel Administration.
- Venue Name:
- Venue Address:
- online event
CIHLER eCornell Keynote Series: Making Sense of Religious and Disability Accommodations After Groff: Same Words Different Meanings / New Court Different Leanings
PIHE Advisory Board Meeting
CIHLER: DE&I Labor & Employment Roundtable