Groups and Organizations
The Professional Development Program (PDP) welcomes groups and organizations wishing to send multiple participants to the Cornell University campus. From a single hotel sending a small group, to a larger organization sending a whole team, PDP can meet the needs of any group or organization.
Follow these instructions if:
- You want to enroll a group of participants who will share an invoice OR
- As the group planner, you will also be attending PDP OR
- You are completing an application for someone who is not the billing contact
- Review the PDP Schedule page and complete this worksheet.
- On the PDP Schedule page, click "Add to Cart" for the first course listed in the blue section of the worksheet on line "Application Schedule 1". You will be taken to the Apply page.
- Click Create an Account. Note that you will only need to create an account once. On future visits you can log in with your existing account.
- Log in once your account is created. You will see your first course in the shopping cart.
- Click "Add another class" from the cart to return to the PDP Schedule page.
- Click "Add to Cart", then “Add another class” for the remaining courses listed in the blue section of the worksheet on line item "Application Schedule 1".
- Click "Apply for a colleague or a group" in the Cart. The classes you are applying for will be filled in at the top, and your name will be filled in as the group planner.
- Complete the remainder of the group planner section.
- Indicate whether you are also the billing contact. If not, fill out the separate section for the billing contact.
- In the participant section, add ALL names in the green section of the worksheet listed on line called "Application Schedule 1", using the “Add Another Participant” link at the bottom as many times as needed.
- Complete the rest of the application and Click "Submit".
- To submit additional Application Schedules, click the “My Cart” tab once you see the confirmation for your first submission. You will return to the cart, which is now empty. Repeat steps 4 through 11 for all schedules.
We offer special incentives to:
- Corporations of any size
- Management companies
- Academic groups as part of a degree program
- Individual properties interested in volume pricing
Our enrollment team works with human resources, learning and development, and group organizers to select the right courses for individuals or to help organizations meet goals as a group. Let us provide support with regard to travel, lodging, and payment logistics.
We can also work closely with our custom programs team to create blended-learning opportunities when organizations choose to leverage the curriculum and structure of PDP as a complement to other Cornell executive education initiatives.
Case Example #1: The Avila Hotel, Curacao
Nic Moller, a long-time Ithaca resident with ties to both Cornell and the Avila Hotel, sponsored employees to attend PDP each year.
The management team at this independent hotel in the Caribbean understands the benefit of sending colleagues to PDP as a reward for a job well done. Not only do employees gain valuable knowledge that continues to improve hotel operations, but the demonstrated commitment to professional growth has improved employee retention.
Case Example #2: ESCP, Europe
Students earning a master's degree from ESCP, Europe attend PDP as the capstone to their degree program.
Although PDP courses are not for university credit, participants have an invaluable opportunity to study and network in the U.S. on the world-renowned Cornell campus.
Case Example #3: Plantation Bay Resort and Spa, Philippines
In the last 15 years, the employees of this beautiful luxury property have completed over 150 PDP courses.
This initiative comes straight from the top—the president of the company encourages and sponsors employees year after year. For many, the ultimate goal is to earn one of our certifications by attending between one and four courses each year.
Office of Executive Education
Cornell SC Johnson College of Business
209 Dryden Road, 4th Fl.
Ithaca, NY 14850 USA