Thank you for your support

July 7, 2016

Dear SHA Alumni,

Kate WalshIt is my pleasure to reach out to you for the first time in my new role as the interim dean of SHA. Last Friday marked my first day on the job, although I have been on the SHA faculty for 16 years, where I research organizational leadership and identity. I am also an MPS ’90 graduate of SHA, and an industry veteran. I’m so excited to be working with you to strengthen the SHA identity and brand, and continue to provide the best possible education for our students.

We are in the process of developing new opportunities for SHA as a part of Cornell Business. These will involve expanding our curriculum and developing new hospitality-based concentrations and immersions for our students. By combining our SHA legacy as the premier school of hospitality education and, quite frankly, the hub of our industry’s ecosystem, with the power of a scaled business college, we can further extend our scope and reach of thought leadership and education. Our goal, as always, is to prepare tomorrow’s industry leaders.

We are all keenly aware that the only way we will be successful is if we continue to strengthen SHA’s premier brand. In the coming months, I look forward to working with you to focus on and hone SHA’s unique qualities. I appreciate your care, support, and especially your passion for SHA. I am so proud to be a part of this fabulous alumni community and to be able to call myself a Hotelie. Thank you for all that you do!

Warm regards,

Kate Walsh signature

Kate Walsh, MPS ’90
Interim Dean and E. M. Statler Professor
School of Hotel Administration

Leave A Comment