Mike Giebelhausen is an assistant professor of services marketing at the Cornell University School of Hotel Administration. His research focuses on frontline service encounters—in particular, those "moments of truth" that have the potential to make a consumer feel threatened. Examples include asking consumers to participate in a sustainability initiative or requiring them to interface with an unfamiliar technology.
Giebelhausen is also co-founder of Classroom DJ, an initiative designed to help higher-ed instructors integrate active-learning best practices into their lectures.
- HADM 2430 - Marketing Management for Services
- HADM 7430 - Marketing Management for Services
- HADM 2410 - Marketing Principles
- Ph D Florida State University, 2009
- MBA Loyola University - Chicago, 2003
- MS Loyola University - Chicago, 2002
- BS University of Illinois, 1998
- AB University of Illinois, 1997