Michael C. Sturman
The Kenneth and Marjorie Blanchard Professor of Human Resources
Michael C. Sturman is the Kenneth and Marjorie Blanchard Professor of Human Resources and a professor of management at Cornell University's School of Hotel Administration.
Since joining the school in 2000, Professor Sturman has taught undergraduate, graduate, and executive education courses on human resource management and compensation. His current research focuses on the prediction of individual job performance over time and the influence of compensation systems. He has published research articles in journals such as the Journal of Applied Psychology, Academy of Management Journal, Personnel Psychology, and Journal of Management. He has also published hospitality-focused and practitioner-oriented papers in Compensation and Benefits Review, Cornell Hospitality Quarterly, International Journal of Hospitality Management, Lodging Magazine, Lodging HR, and the American Compensation Association Journal.
Professor Sturman holds a BS, MS, and PhD from Cornell University's School of Industrial and Labor Relations, and is a senior professional of human resources as certified by the Society for Human Resource Management.
- HADM 4820/HADM 6820 - Compensation in Service Firms
- HADM 7820 - Human Resources Management
- HADM 4970 - Latin Honors Course I
- HADM 4971 - Latin Honors Course II
- HADM 9980 - Multi-level Structural Equations Modeling
- HADM 9900 - Ph.D. Thesis Research
- HADM 4990 - Undergraduate Independent Study
- Ph D Cornell University, School of Industrial and Labor Relations, 1997
- MS Cornell University, School of Industrial and Labor Relations, 1995
- BS Cornell University, School of Industrial and Labor Relations, 1992